The spread of courses and allocation of credits over the areas has been designed to give a comprehensive understanding of the biblical witness along with the various issues pertaining to the understanding and interpretation of the biblical texts.
The designing of the courses aims at enabling the students:
- to develop proficiency in independent research in the particular biblical field of specialization.
- to develop skills necessary for meeting specific needs such as teaching and Bible translation.
- to develop critical awareness towards traditional as well as oppressive and discriminatory readings and interpretations of the biblical texts.
- to develop the skills for critical as well as perspectival reading and interpretation of the biblical texts, particularly from the perspectives of the various contexts such as that of the poor, marginalised and exploited ones, and also that of ecological degradation, and the plurality of religions.
- to be able to identify and expound in particular the prophetic dimension of the biblical witness and theology.
- to be able to integrate the concerns of the people as reflected in the different theological disciplines in the reading and interpretation of the biblical texts.
The candidates shall be required to take course work as follows:
|I||Introduction to the New Testament||4 (SE )|
|II||Texts of the New Testament||10 (SE -4)|
|III||N. T. Theology||4 (SE)|
|VIII||Courses from other Branches||4|
|Method of Teaching||4|
|Total 50 Credits|
Admission Requirement for M.Th Studies
- Any applicant who has completed 18 years of age but not exceeding 35 years can apply for admission. Admission committee has the discretion in giving a concession concerning the age.
- Applicant must have a born again Christian experience with a definite call for full time ministry. Morever, the candidate normally should have been a member and of good standing with a Church at least for two years. Candidates for B.A. in Theology, B.D. and M.Th. courses must have a working knowledge in English.
- Passed the BD Examination of Senate of Serampore College in Second Class with B Grade(57.5% and above and obtained B Grade (57.5% and above) average in the cluster in BD studies, including the optional papers and thesis, under which branch of candidate’s choice is clustered.
- The candidate should have passed in at least two Greek courses at BD level (other than the preliminary and advanced courses) securing a second class (57.5% and above) average.
- Before a candidate is registered for the M.Th course, he/she should have at least one year of practical experience in some field of Christian service after passing the BD or its equivalent theological degree. The women candidates are exempted from this rule.
- Application form and the prospectus can be obtained either from the office of the Director of Admissions by paying Rs. 200/-
- Online application form for M.Th Christian Theology Studies can be downloaded from the following link. M.Th – New Testament Studies studies
- Online applicants shall pay the amount of 200/- by DD (demand draft) in favour of Faith Theological Seminary, Manakala with the filled application form.