The design and allocation of credits over courses are made to give the students a comprehensive understanding of the origin, development Christian Ethics. The overall aim of the programme is equip the students to become scriptural committed, theologically proficient and socially relevant ministers.
The courses are designed with an aim to equip the students to have an in-depth understanding on the basic ethical methodology and Biblical Foundation of ethics.
To equip the students to explore the social realities around us (analysis of socio economic and political structure) and the issues involved in order to make them aware of the need to respond creatively to them.
The candidate shall be required to take course work as follows:
|1||Three senate paper||12|
|2||Papers from different areas of Ethics||10|
|4||Course from other branches||4|
|8||Method of Teaching||4|
Total – 50 Credits
Admission Requirements for M.Th Christian Ethics
- Any applicant who has completed 18 years of age but not exceeding 35 years can apply for admission. Admission committee has the discretion in giving a concession concerning the age.
- Applicant must have a born again Christian experience with a definite call for full time ministry. Morever, the candidate normally should have been a member and of good standing with a Church at least for two years. Candidates for B.A. in Theology, B.D. and M.Th. courses must have a working knowledge in English.
- Passed the BD Examination of Senate of Serampore College in Second Class with B Grade (57.5% and above and obtained B Grade (57.5% and above) average in the cluster in BD studies, including the optional papers and thesis, under which branch of candidate’s choice is clustered.
- There is no Biblical language requirements for admission.
- Before a candidate is registered for the M.Th course, he/she should have at least one year of practical experience in some field of Christian service after passing the BD or its equivalent theological degree. The women candidates are exempted from this rule.
- Application form and the prospectus can be obtained either from the office of the Director of Admissions by paying Rs. 200/-
- Online application form for M.Th Christian Theology Studies can be downloaded from the following link. M.Th – Christian Ethics studies
- Online applicants shall pay the amount of 200/- by DD (demand draft) in favour of Faith Theological Seminary, Manakala with the filled application form