The Bachelor of Missiology (B.Miss.) degree programme is the 3 years theological programmes offered by the Senate of Serampore College (University). The B.Miss Degree course is designed to equip persons for essential functions and ministries of the Church as he/she engages in mission of Jesus Christ in the Indian/Asian context. It is an integrative study programme, making use of Biblical, Theological, Pastoral, Missiological, Religious, Cultural, Social, Linguistic and Communication Approaches, for preparing workers for the mission of God.
- The programme is to develop a mature understanding of the Bible and Christian Faith;
- To impart a wholistic understanding of the concept and practice of Mission;
- To discern God’s Mission in the contemporary context and to responsibly commit one’s life to work for the same.
- To equip students for effective leadership in God’s mission by exposing to different missionary situations.
Admission Requirements for the B. Miss. Degree
A candidate at the time of admission to the B.Miss. degree course must satisfy the following conditions. S/he should:
- have completed 18 years of age.
- have passed 10+2 (Higher Secondary/PU) Course with eligibility to enter a degree course of a recognized university.
- have passed Class X and should have done two years of further study in a theological or secular institution and should have experience in Christian ministry or any public service.
Any applicant who has completed 18 years of age but not exceeding 35 years can apply for admission. Admission committee has the discretion in giving a concession concerning the age.
Applicant must have a born again Christian experience with a definite call for full time ministry. Moreover, the candidate normally should have been a member and of good standing with a Church at least for two years. Candidates must have a working knowledge in English.
- Application form and the prospectus can be obtained either from the office of the Director of Admissions by paying Rs. 200/-
- Online application form for Bachelor of Missiology Studies can be downloaded from the following link. Bachelor of Missiology studies
- Online applicants shall pay the amount of 200/- by DD (demand draft) in favour of Faith Theological Seminary, Manakala with the filled application form