The Bachelor of Christian Studies is a four year distance education course from Serampore University.
- Prerequisite: A Bachelors degree from a recognized university is required to qualify for admission into the BCS program.
- Duration: This is a four year course of study.
- Subjects: The student will be exposed to various subjects including Theology, Bible, History, and Social issues of our society.
- Assignments: Each month, you are required to do an assignment for each subject. These are to be submitted by email.
- Examinations: October/November of each year, at FTS, Manakala.
- Classes: One week contact classes will be held at FTS on the week prior to the exams.
- Study Guides: As soon as the fees are paid for each year, you will receive the Study Guides as a PDF file or as a printed copy if you come to the seminary office.
- Fees: A one time payment per year is to be made to FTS.
- Application: Download an application now. Click here.
- Communication: The preferred mode of communication is by email – email@example.com
- Further Studies: After successful completion of the BCS course, you may apply for the Master of Christian Studies (MCS) also through Serampore University.
- More Questions? For further information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get further details below.
- To develop students who are personal and community centered
- To equip students to become effective witnesses in their vocations
- To equip students with various tools of interpretation so that they may read the Bible in the appropriate context
- To impact students with the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a transforming power in their personal, ecclesial and societal lives
- To enhance spiritual perceptions and commitment to serve the Lord in the Indian context
Current BCS students – Send an email to email@example.com to get updates and information.
Admission Requirements for BCS Studies (Distance Education)
This course is mainly meant for Christian men and women. It is a four year degree program of theological studies under the Senate of Serampore College (University). Candidates at the time of admission to the B.C.S. degree course must satisfy the following conditions:
- Completed 18 years of age but not exceeding 35 years. The admissions committee has the discretion in giving a concession concerning the age.
- Persons with a born again Christian experience and a desire to be a witness while engaged in their profession. Moreover, the candidate should have been a member and of good standing with a Church for at least two years.
- Must have earned a bachelors degree from a recognized University.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of English.
- Download an application form now. BCS Application Form
- An application form can be obtained from the office of the Director of Admissions by paying Rs. 100/- as application fee.
- Online applicants shall pay the amount of 100/- by DD (demand draft) in favor of Faith Theological Seminary, Manakala with the filled application form.
- All application requirements are to be fulfilled by the last day of August of every academic year.
- For the current cost of BCS studies, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information send an email to email@example.com