The BD degree programme is the 4 or 5 years theological degree offered under the Senate of Serampore College (University). The Bachelor of Divinity Degree is designed to prepare students for the foundation and fundamentals of theological education.
- The Programme is to develop students that is both personal and community centered.
- To equip students to become effective witnesses in their varied and diversified Christian vocations.
- To challenge students with alternative tools of interpretation so that they may read the Bible in the appropriate context.
- To impact the students with the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a transforming power in their personal, ecclesial and societal lives.
- To enhance the spiritual perceptions and commitment to serve the Lord in the Indian context.
Admission Requirement for BD Studies
- Any applicant who has completed 18 years of age but not exceeding 35 years can apply for admission. Admission committee has the discretion in giving a concession concerning the age.
- Applicant must have a born again Christian experience with a definite call for full time ministry. Moreover, the candidate normally should have been a member and of good standing with a Church at least for two years. Candidates must have a working knowledge in English.
- A candidate at the time of admission to the B.D. degree course must satisfy one of the following conditions. He/She should be:
A holder of the Bachelor Degree from a recognized Indian University, or its recognized equivalent degree. (he/she would be admitted into the second year of the degree programme).
A holder of the B.Th. degree of the Senate of Serampore College having passed the two qualifying English papers.
Category I: B.Th. degree holders in the first or second class would be admitted to the fourth year of the degree programme. A candidate with B.Th. degree of the Senate of Serampore College (University) in First/ Second Class will be required to pass all the papers/ courses prescribed for the fourth and fifth years of B.D. studies.
Category II: B.Th. degree holders in the third class would be admitted into the third year of the degree programme. A candidate with B.Th. degree of the Senate of Serampore College (University) in Third Class will be required to pass all the papers/ courses prescribed for the third, fourth and fifth years of B.D. studies.
- A candidate who has passed plus two or 12th examination and is qualified to be admitted to a degree course of an Indian university, shall be admitted to the first year (BD Orientation) of the degree programme.
- A candidate who has passed a approved degree course of an Indian university, shall be admitted to the Second year of the degree programme.
- Application form and the prospectus can be obtained either from the office of the Director of Admissions by paying Rs. 200/-
- Online application form for Bachelor of Divinity Studies can be downloaded from the following link. Bachelor of Divinity studies
- Online applicants shall pay the amount of 200/- by DD (demand draft) in favour of Faith Theological Seminary, Manakala with the filled application form